I’m Georgia. I recently graduated from the Evergreen State College with a degree in microbiology. I do research with bacteriophage, and I’m involved with the effective altruism movement. I’m interested in effective altruism, existential risk, synthetic biology, infectious diseases and global health, humanism, deep sea creatures, and ensuring the best possible future for humanity.
Every now and then, I get interested in a particular subject and do a bunch of research. This blog was started as a way to make that research available to other people, as well as essays I write. I love comments, especially if you notice that I got something wrong, or have more questions on a topic.
If you’d like to commission me to research and/or write something for you, let’s talk.
Feel free to send me a message if:
- You think my blog is cool/interesting/helpful
- You have questions about a given topic
- You want an invite to the secret “LGBT+ in Effective Altruism” Facebook page.
- You feel like saying hello (seriously!)
- You have a suggestion for what I should write next
My email is eukaryotewritesblog (at) gmail.com.
My Goodreads is here.